Workshop on High-Resolution Light Microscopy
Cancer Cell migration in Space and Time
17-22 October 2016, Lisbon
The workshop will cover recent advances in fluorescence microscopy, enabling measurement and computational analysis of a wide range of cellular activities. It consists of both lectures and hands-on sessions, giving the necessary theoretical background and practical insight into the application fluorescence microscopy to study cell migration and cellular processes at high spatial and temporal resolution. The main topics that will be covered are: principles of microscopy; fluorescent probes; live imaging; FRAP, FRET and photo-activation; image processing and analysis.
The first day (17 Oct) is an open day conference with lectures and the following days (18-22 Oct) will be hands-on sessions which, due to limited places available, are available only to researchers from ReTuBi labs.
This imaging workshop is aimed at Master and PhD students, post-doctoral fellows and senior faculty members either with or without previous working experience in using light microscopy.
17 Oct | Conference day
The registration is free of charge and will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Alex Dunn | Stanford University, USA
- Claudio Franco | iMM, Portugal
- Danijela Vignjevic | Institut Curie, France
- Edgar Gomes | iMM, Portugal
- Jan Lammerding | Cornell University, USA
- Javier Bravo-Cordero | Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai, USA
- Johanna Ivaska | University of Turku, Finland
- Matthieu Piel | Institut Curie, France
- Olivier Pertz | University of Bern, Switzerland
18-22 Oct | Hands-on course
- José Rino | iMM, Portugal
- Jean Salamero | Institut Curie, France
- Martin Jones | CRICK, UK
- Anna Pezzarossa | iMM, Portugal
Only to researchers from ReTuBi labs.
To participate please apply to the workshop submitting: 1) a letter of motivation and 2) a short CV (1 page maximum). Send the application to email@example.com until the 14th September. Travel and accommodation expenses for participants will be covered by ReTuBi Project and registration is free of charge.
The Kick-Off meeting took part in Lisbon, March 21-22 2016.