The Instituto de Medicina Molecular (iMM) is a leading Portuguese private non-profit research institute that offers a vibrant scientific environment, aiming to nurture innovative ideas in basic, clinical and translational Biomedical Research. The iMM’s mission is to improve human health through the study of disease mechanisms and the development of novel diagnostic tests and therapeutic approaches. Created in 2002, with the vision to achieve a world-class research portfolio focusing on innovative conceptual niches from the molecule to the bedside, iMM is an institute where science meets medicine. The overall strategy has been defined by promotion of excellence, leveraged by high-quality human resources, increasing expenditure in infrastructures and knowledge transfer to the society. iMM has gathered a strong scientific critical mass, with 33 group leaders, 202 PhD researchers, 82 PhD students and 121 technical and administrative collaborators.
- João T. Barata | Signaling in Cancer
- Luís Costa | Translational Oncobiology
- Sérgio Dias | Vascular Biology & Cancer Microenvironment
- Cláudio Franco | Vascular Morphogenesis
- Edgar Gomes | Cell Architecture
- Domingos Henrique | Stem Cells & Neurogenesis
- Leonor Saúde | Embryonic Development & Regeneration